Kaplica Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa Jaszczurówka Zakopane
The Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Jaszczurówka
Uwagi nt. dostępności: The Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Jaszczurówka -
Cyrhla 37, 34-504 Zakopane Tourist subregion: Tatrzański
tel. +48 182016019
Facilities at cultural sites: Photographing allowed
The Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Jaszczurówka, founded by the Uznański family, was built in 1904-1907 in the Zakopane style, based on a design by Stanisław Witkiewicz. The building was erected by goral carpenters under the supervision of Aurelian Blacha, who was probably the designer of the main altar. On both sides of the wood-carved altar there are colourful stained-glass windows on the right, Our Lady of Częstochowa with the Polish emblem,and on the left, Our Lady of Ostrobrama with the Lithuanian emblem. The side altars by the folk sculptor Józef Janos from Dębno were added in 1954.